PG Diploma in Big Data Analytics & AI in association with IBM
According to NASSCOM, the demand for Artificial
Intelligence and Big Data Analytics in India is expected to
touch 7.86 lakh by 2021.The nature of jobs is likely to
change over the next five years and the focus would be on
reskilling the workforce in Artificial intelligence and Big
Skills expected out of the next gen workforce will be data mining, data warehousing, Machine learning, Apache Hadoop, python and Data Visualization tools to depict insights. Ramaiah Institute of Technology is addressing this challenge by offering Postgraduate Diploma in Big Data & Analytics and Artificial Intelligence in association with IBM. This program is focused on enabling students with much needed skills in Data Analytics & Artificial Intelligence.
- Innovative curriculum jointly developed with IBM on various industry specializations.
- Learn from experienced faculty from Ramaiah Institute of Technology and Subject Matter Experts from IBM who will teach using live industry cases.
- IBM Business Analytics Lab is set up in the college premises exclusively for the PG Diploma program.
- Use IBM software tools for training as part of the program.
- Courseware - books and material for each student
- Professional certification jointly from Ramaiah Institute of Technology and IBM.
- Earn IBM Mastery Badges which are a cross-industry digital recognition of technical skills.
Who Should Attend?
The Program is suitable for graduates from any discipline possessing analytical aptitude and wish to jump-start their career in analytics. Working professionals who would like to move into the analytics field are also welcome.
This program is designed to equip its participants with
technical skills in Big Data & Analytics and Artificial
Intelligence. Real case studies and hands-on demonstrations
will be used to illustrate the applications of key
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the emergence of Business Analytics and Big Data as a competitive strategy.
- Analyze datasets by applying techniques from Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Apply the theories, techniques and tools to solve problems from industry sectors.
- Have a working knowledge of languages, platforms and tools that support statistical analysis and visualization.
- The courses will be delivered by faculty members from the Departments of Computer Science & Engineering, Industrial Engineering & Management and Business Administration.
- The complete program is a course of 1 year duration.
- It is offered as an on-campus weekend Program spread over two semesters.
- Classes will be held on Saturday from 9 am – 6pm. (8 hours).
- Class size: 40 students.
Assessment by IBM:
- Final Certification examination – 60 Marks - 1.5 Hour duration (Online exam administered by IBM, MCQs).
- Continuous Evaluation: Problem solving: 40 marks, assessed by online submissions.
Assessment by RIT:
- Assessment will be based on Continuous Internal Evaluation (CIE) and final exam performance.
- CIE consists of unitwise assignments for 40 marks.
- Final exam will be conducted for 60 marks. Duration of final exam is 2 hours. Minimum passing marks is 30.
Question paper pattern:
- Part A: 5x2 = 10 (5 questions to be answered for 2 marks each)
- Part B: 5x6 = 30 (5 questions to be answered out of 6 for 6 marks each).
- Part C: 2x10= 20 (2 questions to be answered out of 3) or 10 marks each).
- Pass Criteria: 50 out of the total 100 marks (Internal 40 marks + final exam 60 marks).
- Internal Assessment based on two internal reviews based on presentation and viva for 40 marks.
- Final exam is based on presentation, viva and dissertation report for 60 marks. External examiner can be from Industry/ Institute.
The Program is open to working professionals and graduates from any discipline with at least one course in Mathematics/Statistics.
The programme fee is Rs. 1,00,000/- + GST (applicable
rates) per participant, payable in two Installments as per
the following schedule.
1. Rs. 50,000/- + Applicable GST : I installment on admission
2. Rs. 50,000/- + Applicable GST : II installment before the commencement of the Term 1.
Award of Certificate:
Upon successful completion of the program satisfying the program requirements, certificates will be awarded jointly by Ramaiah Institute of Technology and IBM to the participants.
- Students who successfully complete Term 1 will be awarded a “Certificate in Business Intelligence”.
- Students who advance to Term 2 and successfully complete it will get an “Advanced Certificate in Big Data Analytics” and will be awarded the “PG Diploma in Big Data and Analytics and Artificial Intelligence”.
- Application accepted till : 10 January 2020
- On Campus Aptitude Test and Selection : 11 January 2020
- Registration and payment of fees : 16 January 2020
- Program starts : 18 January 2020
RegistrationApply online on http://www.msritcse.in/pgd
For further details contact
Jayalakshmi D. S
Associate Professor, CSE, RIT
Associate Professor, CSE, RIT