The MSRIT Alumni Association (MSRITAA) was formally established in July 1998, owing to the painstaking efforts and initiative of our former principal, Prof. B Krishnappa. A seed committee was formed and Mr. Shankar Prasad became the first President of MSRITAA. The committee held a membership drive and the first ever alumni meet was organized in 2001.
An executive committee consisting of the then Principal of MSRIT, Dr. K S Ramanatha, acting as the Rector and Shri Tallam Venkatesh as the President, along with two Vice Presidents, two Secretaries, one Treasurer, and eight other members was created to give this endeavor the inspiration and encouragement it needed.
MSRIT local Chapters at Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Cochin, Delhi, Patna, Dubai are conducting various activities which has succeeded in bringing most of the MSRITians of their region together. The main objectives MSRIT Alumni Association are:
- To serve as a forum to promote and foster relationship among the alumni, the present students, the staff and the management of MSRIT.
- To help the Alma Mater in its effort to achieve excellence in technical and professional education.
- To actively and constructively participate in the well-being of the MSRIT, by utilizing the good-will, rich experience and services of the alumni who are a fraternity of professional engineers of various disciplines spread all over the world.
- To institute scholarships, revolving loan fund, prizes/medals etc., for the deserving students of MSRIT.
- To maintain continuous interaction between the past and present students by publishing a newsletter, holding periodical Alumni Day celebration or by any other means as decided by the association.
- To contribute towards improving entrepreneurship development activities, campus placements, library and centers of excellence at MSRIT.
- To arrange lectures by eminent alumni and other eminent personalities for the benefit of students and alumni.
MSRIT has produced many illustrious alumni, whose contributions at national and international levels have been significant. Alumni of MSRIT in particular have excelled and acquired positions of eminence in every field imaginable-from engineering to finance to management to even arts. Renowned scientists, successful entrepreneurs and managers and leaders of society, our alumni have made us proud time and again.
Link to the MSRIT alumni website