The Proctorial System has been introduced with the main objective of providing supportive care and counsel to students in their academic and personal problems, from time to time, if any. This system helps the students complete their studies comfortably and successfully. The Proctorial system is used to continuously and regularly monitor the academic progress of the students and to rectify their problems. The college encourages parents to be in regular contact with the Proctor/Chief Proctor/HOD/Principal.
- To inspire a healthy relationship between the teacher and student.
- To eliminate any indiscipline among the students.
- To improve the overall academic performance in the Examination.
- To give students a measure of self confidence.
Functions of the Proctor
Every teaching department implements the proctor process through its faculty and all the faculty members are designated as proctors.
- The Proctor acts as a local guardian to solve the academic and administrative problems of his wards.
- The Proctor closely monitors the progress of students under his/her care and helps them in overcoming their problems.
- The Proctor shall assist in academic and over all development of the student under his charge.
- Proctor conducts regular meetings with Students and parents.
- The Proctorial process started in the late 1990’s and started on full scale from the year 2002. Chief Proctor’s Office is housed in the first level of the Apex Block.
- The Proctorial Process is a supportive process, wherein the Chief Proctor heads the system. Each department has a deputy chief proctor and all the faculty members act as proctors.
- Each proctor is allotted around 20 to 25 students.
- The proctor acts as a local guardian helping to solve the academic and administrative problems faced by his wards, and would help in solving personal problems, if any.
- The proctor maintains a Student Information Record (SIR) for each of his/her wards which gives all the details of the students, in terms of course registration/course dropping/withdrawn/re-registration etc.
- In addition to details of proctor-student meetings held from time to time, SIR also gives the details of the performance of the candidate in the semester end examination.
- Provision has been made to send the progress reports of each student to his/her parents/ guardians furnishing the details of attendance, class marks, examination results, etc. These reports are sent twice in a semester (at the end of 45 days & 90 days from the starting of the semester) to the parent / guardian of each student.
- The third report is sent in case of such students who fail to satisfy the minimum attendance requirement of 85% in each of the subjects and the necessary internal marks of 40% as stipulated by VTU norms / autonomy Regulations.
- The proctorial process is made more effective by web enabling the SIS (Student Information System) by the Contineo e-sutra software.
- Students are allowed to register the core subjects, Elective subjects, Practical, open elective subjects etc. through the SIS.
- Faculty members enter attendance and CIE marks in the SIS regularly.
- Each student and parent is assigned with a Login ID and password, which enables them to view the status of attendance, CIE marks, proctor notes, rolled-out timetable, exam history, fee details and academic events regularly.
- The Chief Proctor regularly conducts scheduled meetings with the deputy chief proctors, HODs and Principal on the Proctorial process.
- The attendance and CIE Marks entered by each faculty member on the SIS is constantly monitored in the Chief Proctor’s Office.
- The attendance and CIE Marks are displayed in the notice board of respective departments regularly
- A student whose performance is not up to the mark is asked to appear for counseling with the proctor/deputy chief proctor/chief proctor in order to help the student improve his/her performance in the coming semesters.
The Proctorial System has received an excellent response and encouragement. However, continuous efforts are being made to give the best services from our Institution.
Student Counseling Facility for Mental Wellbeing
Ramaiah Institute of Technology has a fully functional
student counseling facility in the campus. Under the
guidance of Dr.T. Murali, Head of the Department,
Department of Psychiatry, M.S.Ramaiah Medical College &
hospital, a clinical psychologist has been deputed to RIT.
Harshitha N working as a clinical psychologist at the Dept of Psychiatry, M S Ramaiah Medical College & Hospital is appointed at the institute as a Counselor She has completed M.Phil Clinical Psychology at Kasturba Medical College.
The clinical physiologist is present at the campus in the dedicated room every Friday post lunch session between 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. The students who require the facility can register themselves through their Proctor/HoD at the Chief Proctor's office for consultation.
Call for online interaction:
Ms.Harshitha (Clinical Phycologist)
Student Counsellor , R.I.T
Mob : +91 9008155475